You are solely responsible for ensuring that you comply with all applicable laws when you use the SKYX Platform.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we may collect directly from you:
- Personal Information that identifies you, such as your name, contact details including phone number, email address, postal address, telephone or fax number, ID information, dependents, spousal and other family information, and household information;
- Account Registration Information, such as information provided by you when you register for an account to use your SKYX Platform, including User ID, log-in details, security questions and answers, and passwords;
- Product Set-Up Information, such as the name, description and location of Products you have registered;
- Sensitive Data and Biometric Information, including but not limited to, biometric information such as facial recognition or voice ID you upload as part of the Services;
- Audiovisual Materials, such as photographs, images and recordings that you upload to identify users or otherwise as part of your use of the SKYX Platform;
- Financial, Payment and Commercial Data, such as name, billing address and payment card details, including credit card numbers, expiration dates, and security codes (which are collected by our third party payment processor on our behalf) in the event you purchase any Services directly from us as well as any history and records of Products and Services inquired about, obtained or other purchase information (refunds, returns or exchanges);
- Marketing and Communications Data, including your marketing preferences or your interest in our Products and Services, and your subscriptions to our Services;
- Export Control Information, such as your nationality or country of residence, that allows us to determine if you are permitted to receive certain information or technologies pursuant to export control regulations; and
- Other personal information you submit to usthrough communications, customer support exchanges, our “Contact Us” link, surveys, a competition, reporting a problem, email, or otherwise.
Information we may obtain about you from your usage, from others or by automated means:
- Derivative Data, such as technical information about the Products or Services, including device name and type, IP address, Wi-Fi network information and signal strength, device type, Bluetooth public name, Bluetooth settings, other Bluetooth devices, broadcasting signal, other set up data, sensor status, adjustments to Products, usage, battery charge level, operating system, browser type, access times, pages viewed directly before and after accessing the App or Web App, their interactions with the application which are automatically collected and stored in log files;
- Biometric Information including Facial Recognition, footage recorded from your use of the SKYX Platform, such as facial recognition or voice identification of you, your family, or any person in or outside your home that is captured by the SKYX Platform;
- Video, Audio and Other Data, such as video or audio streams, images, preferences, usage data, comments, performance metrics, and data collected by the SKYX Platform during the performance of any Products or Services, and their respective functions including motion detection, audio detection, video recordings, event logging or recording, temperature, and lighting;
- Information We Obtain from Third Party Business Partners, such as personal contact details, account registration, or Products information provided by an authorized SKYX distributor or installer;
- Data from Social Media Sites, such as items, comments, feedback, groups, interests or content posted on our social media pages;
- Geolocation and GPS Data, including physical location of your Products, such as device(s) data or collection of audio by using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals; and
- Cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies.
With respect to your use of any camera that is part of the SKYX Platform, we may also collect sensitive information (personal data that has special protection under data protection laws) about you. For example, we may collect biometric data in order to provide a facial recognition functionality for an authorized user. You can disable the processing of biometric data at any time by managing your settings directly from the SKYX Platform.
It is your responsibility to understand the law that applies to your collection and use of facial recognition, video, audio and other data where you live. For example, certain laws or regulations require that you inform anyone entering your property or home about the functioning and operation of the cameras. If necessary, depending on applicable law and your processing activities, you may either need to display a notice alerting visitors to your property or home that you are using a camera to record images and people on your property, and, in some cases, you may need to obtain their prior explicit consent.
We cannot be responsible and will not be responsible for your compliance with applicable laws from the use of the SKYX Platform, and it is your responsibility to understand the law that applies to you and where required obtain explicit consent for the collection of biometric information including, e.g., facial recognition, of other users or visitors to your home, invited or uninvited, inside or outside your home. You are required to comply with all applicable legislation regarding the protection of personal information, image rights and privacy.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your personal and other information to:
- Set up and manage your SKYX account and profile, including to maintain your subscription to any Services and contact you regarding your account;
- Manage our relationship with you, including providing you with information regarding your Products and Services, billing and order information, purchased Products, handling claims, troubleshooting, system maintenance, and providing customer support services;
- Provide, develop and improve our Products and Service, including delivering our Services to you and for additional purposes that help us to develop and improve the quality of our Products and Services (including as part of the development of any new products and services);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud or other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities, that we may notice based upon any activity on your account or your use of the Services;
- Monitor your use of the SKYX Platform, as part of any routine support and maintenance of the Products or included in any subscription Services, provided you understand SKYX is not obligated to monitor your use of the SKYX Platform;
- Improve the security and other related system and network functions;
- Perform analytics, including trend and financial analysis, market and consumer research, anonymization and aggregation of personal information; and
- Conduct marketing activities in accordance with applicable laws.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your personal information in the following limited situations with:
- Authorized users, other than you but which you have given access to your account or the SKYX Platform;
- Third party business partners, that you contracted with such as an authorized distributor or installer;
- Third party advertisers, for marketing purposes from which you may opt out;
- Third party providers’ products or services that you select to integrate or interoperate with the SKYX Platform, only where you have directed us to connect you with such third party and you have consented to their access or control of the Products or Services that you have connected, such as Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Siri, Bixby, Cortana, SmartThings, or other third party providers whereby such third party providers have the own terms and conditions and privacy policies which will govern your use of their products and services and their use of your personal information;
- Our service providers, who provide some of our Services to you including processing, storage, and technical assistance whereby we have entered into contracts with such service providers which include limitations on their use of certain of your information and only as necessary to provide these Services to us/you;
- Professional advisors and governmental authorities, if we believe in good faith that disclosure, access, use or preservation of such information is necessary to (i) meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce or investigate your compliance with the terms of any of our contracts or policies we have with you for potential violations; (iii) protect against physical, financial or other harm against the rights, safety or property of you, us, or any third party; and, (iv) investigate fraud, technical, security or other operational issues; and
- In connection with corporate transactions, meaning changes to our corporate structure due to sale, transfer, merger or other reorganization of our company during which your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred.
- HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to us. We practice industry standard security methods and appropriate technical, administrative, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, disclosure, and loss. Encryption technology, including current industry-standard encryption protocols, is used to protect personal information. We also use a variety of physical and infrastructure protection measures that comply with applicable regulations to protect and store your personal information. However, despite our efforts to secure your information, we cannot be responsible for the security of the information you transmit over networks that we do not control including the Internet and wireless networks whether they are yours or others.
SKYX is located in the United States, and as such, certain personal information will be accessed and stored there, and will be transferred there should you live in another country. SKYX may also contract with cloud service providers located in other countries, and certain personal information may be accessed and stored from additional countries. Where required, we have put in place appropriate safeguards with our affiliates, service providers, contractors, distributors and other business partners and agents to manage transfers of personal information in a manner that addresses security protocols.
- RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal information as outlined above, and the period during which we store your personal information varies depending on the purpose for the processing:
- For the provision of our Products and Services, for so long as you are have an active account or are a subscriber to the Services.
- For marketing purposes, until you have opted out of receiving further direct marketing communications in accordance with applicable law.
Information is also maintained on your devices or in the Product in your business or home. This can include, but is not limited to, media, username and authentication data, personal information, email address, Wi-Fi or network password, device type, Bluetooth public name, Bluetooth settings, other Bluetooth devices, broadcasting signal, other set up data, and account profile information. All such information may be stored until you delete it from or reset your device or Product.
For more information about cookies and how we use them, please read our Cookie Notice.
- CONTACT US
By Phone: (855) 759-7584 (855-SKYPLUG)
By Mail: 2855 W. McNab Road, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
Please see the section above entitled INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Use of Personal Information
Please see the section above entitled HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third-party for a business purpose and for other reasons as permitted by law. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- To our affiliate partners when you access the documents, products or programs available as part of the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To other persons or entities where you consent to the disclosure.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with laws, legal processes and law enforcement to the following categories of third parties to government, law enforcement officials, regulators and others as we believe is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal processes (including subpoenas and administrative summonses), to protect the property and rights of SKYX or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
- Your Rights to Know and Delete, and Your Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months, why we have collected it, and whether we have disclosed that information for a business purpose.
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
CalOPPA also provides you with the right to correct the information that we collected about you online.
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us using any of the means set forth in the section above entitled CONTACT US.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request to access or delete your personal information must (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 30 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Your Personal Information
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us because you have exercised your privacy rights. This means that you have the right not to be denied goods or services, charged different prices, or provided a different level or quality of Services, just because you have exercised your privacy rights.